Connectivity in areas with limited or no Internet coverage
- Business Internet connectivity anywhere in South Africa – from R517.50 per month
- An alternative to ADSL and 3G in areas with limited coverage
- Up to four optional BBC Sat VoIP connections are offered at an additional monthly charge
What is Broadband Connect Satellite?
Broadband Connect Satellite is an Internet service completely independent from any landline solution and can be provisioned anywhere in South Africa. With BBC Satellite, you don’t have to worry about landline outages and copper theft, plus this service is installed and maintained by trained and accredited Vodacom Business Services installation teams, from Point of Presence, across the country.
Broadband Connect Satellite includes:
- A capped Broadband Internet Access bundle
- An indoor unit (Hughes HN 9460 Router), An outdoor unit (98cm Satellite dish or antenna)
- A 2 Watt Block Uplink converter
- A user-friendly customer online site that features
- Monthly bundle usage
- Top Up data bundle purchase
Why should I get Broadband Connect Satellite?
Get Internet in areas with no or limited coverage
We use the latest technology to optimise the satellite link and to bring you cost efficiencies especially in unserved and underserved areas.
Always-on Internet with constant speed
Satellite access is not dependent on terrain, quality of copper landlines or distance from the exchange or radio frequency equipment. It always provides the same speed and service quality.
Hassle-free and quick deployment
You don’t have to wait for line installation or for clearances and local infrastructure to become available. All you need is hardware and a clear view to the North/Eastern sky.
Grow your entry-level package as needed
If the entry-level service is bought with a 1GB Internet bundle, you can easily add more data – at an affordable price – as your needs grow.
Monitor and manage usage on your own
A self-service website is available so that you can go online to monitor usage and top up with more data.
Get optional VoIP services
Up to 4 Optional VoIP connections which does not eat into the monthly allocated data cap are available. You can make FREE on-net voice calls to others on the same network, and can save up to 30% on you voice bill. Please note that voice calls are charged monthly in arrears as per the prevailing low Vodacom VoIP rate card and the VoIP connection is charged monthly at R169.00 each.
How much does Broadband Connect Satellite cost?
- Installation price is based on standard installation
- Extra charges are levied for cabling over 40m and non-standard mounts, amongst others
- Data usage is subject to the monthly data bundle purchased (with optional top-ups) and our daily Fair Access Policy
How do I get Broadband Connect Satellite?
To get optional Broadband Connect Satellite VoIP:
- Order the Satellite VoIP feature
- Order the IP Talk service to receive your VoIP phone number/s
- Get these optional telephone devices with your voice service:
- ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) device to connect one or more standard analogue telephones to a digital system
- An IP Phone for a single connection
- If you need more extentions, an onsite IP PBX (Providing up to 4 concurrent calls), especially designed to bring enterprise-grade features to small- and medium-sized businesses
Broadband Connect Satellite service plans
We’ve got four service plans available which give you flexibility and control over your changing business needs for both Internet and voice usage. BC Satellite offers throughput ranging from 512kbps to 4Mbps on the downlink. The throughput is the maximum “burstable” throughput available per service plan.
More Data Promotion! Get more data for the same price
|Plans||Max download (kbps)||Max upload (kbps)||Data bundle||Max concurrent VoIP
|24-Month contract (Incl. VAT)|
|BC Sat 53||
|BC Sat 105||1024||256||8GB||2||R980.53|
|BC Sat 210||2048||384||15GB||3||R1 229.69|
|BC Sat 420||4096||512||30GB||4||R 1 897.50|
A once-off standard installation charge of R2016.54 (VAT Incl.) is applicable.Extra charges are levied for cabling over 40 meters and non-standard mounts, amongst others.
|Top Up bundle||Data allocation||Cost (Incl. VAT)|
|BC Sat 1GB||1GB||R332.89 (once-off)|
|BC Sat 3GB||3GB||R494.30 (once-off)|
|BC Sat 5GB||5GB||R781.80 (once-off)|
|BC Sat 10GB||10GB||R1 102.59 (once-off)|
|BC Sat 20GB||20GB||R2 182.98 (once-off)|
|BC Sat 50GB||50GB||R5 283.55 (once-off)|
|BC Sat 100GB||100GB||R9 431.01 (once-off)|
|Broadband Connect Satellite Voice|
|Optional Broadband Connect Satellite Voice is now also available over the same broadband connection. IP Talk, our Voice over IP (VoIP) service, lets you make phone calls over the Broadband Connect Satellite connection without interfering with the Internet connection and usage. Simply pay a monthly IP Talk connection fee of R169 (per IP Talk Incl. VAT) to get your 087 number and the maximum of voice connections supported as per your selected service plan. Save up to 30% on your voice bill and pay the voice calls as per the prevailing Vodacom VoIP rate card.
Promotional Terms and Conditions:
2. Applicable to new customers or existing customers who are out of contract i.e. on a month to month basis
3. Should a customer deplete their monthly allocated data bundle, they can purchase Top-ups at the normal rates
4. Top-ups are valid for 30 days from the date of purchase
5. IPTalk is available as an optional extra. Please note that voice calls are charged monthly in arrears as per the prevailing
6. The once-off installation fee is based on the normal wall mount installation type. Extra charges will be incurred for non-